Joint Pain Relief from Osteoarthritis Can Be Achieved with Chiropractic Treatment
Osteoarthritis is a joint disease characterized by chronic inflammation, pain, and limited mobility. It is the most common type of arthritis and typically affects adults over 50. However, the good news is Health + Healing Chiropractic can provide help that is safe and drug-free. Our Mississauga chiropractor, Dr. Tyler Kong, will design a comprehensive chiropractic care plan to help you decrease the pain, increase mobility, and get your life back.
Osteoarthritis Causes and Risk Factors
Osteoarthritis occurs most often in the knees, hips, hands, and joints in the neck or lower spine. The disease develops gradually as the cartilage in the joint or disc wears out (degenerates) due to misalignments and with age. The cartilage helps the joint glide smoothly during movement. Once the protective tissue breaks down, the bones rub together, causing friction, pain, and inflammation. Severe cases of degenerative arthritis may lead to reduced mobility or disability.
Age is the number one risk factor of osteoarthritis. Individuals are also prone to developing this disease because of:
- Joint overuse, stress, injury
- Weakened muscles around the joint
- Poor posture leading to spinal misalignments
- Gender (osteoarthritis affects more women than men)
Symptoms of Degenerative Arthritis
The following symptoms appear gradually and may increase in severity as time passes.
- Swelling around the joint
- Joint, neck, or low back pain after prolonged activity
- Joint stiffness in the morning or after a long period of rest
- Knots or bumps on the joint or joint appears deformed
- Knee feels unstable, buckles, or gives out
- Reduced mobility that improves with activity
- Clicking, cracking, or grinding sound (crepitus) when bending or flexing
Joint Pain Relief from Our Chiropractor in Mississauga
Osteoarthritis will continue to progress since cartilage does not grow back on its own. However, we can help you manage the pain, slow joint degeneration, and avoid joint replacement surgery using effective, non-invasive methods that address the cause. After a thorough physical exam and x-rays, if necessary, we can determine if chiropractic is right for you.
Call Us to Visit Our Chiropractor
Osteoarthritis is like a life sentence of pain and immobility that can greatly affect quality of life, but you can take control of it with routine safe and gentle chiropractic care at Health + Healing Chiropractic. Please call our Mississauga, ON, clinic at (905) 916-4325 to schedule an appointment.